Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Naknek Wildlife

It appears we have a new camp mascot for the 2009 season. She was here guarding camp when we arrived.
As long as we keep her fed she seems OK with us being here, for now anyway.

There are lots of Bald Eagles hanging around in camp, they seem to stay in
rather photogenic locations right up until the time you grab a camera.


I think this is why I have such a hard time uploading these photos I post here.
It's federally protected wireless interception.

These colorful little finch can be seen feeding along the hillside right in camp.
They go undetected by many, but catch the eye of those that pay attention to detail.


Chief Engineer Tapio prefers these tuxedo cloaked birds out at the Point...

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see Tapio enjoying the beach and birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bingo is beautiful.
    Eagles are regal.
    Glad to know Tapio still pops up every now and then.;)
    I swear you guys can sure capture an image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know why my internet connection sucks... the eagles are jamming it into the ground! Great images- you should try your hand at turtles, I bet you could produce some good ones...

    ReplyDelete